Apr 27, 2008

Hot Chip & Oceanside

This week I got to see a couple of band performances here. New York hipsters MGMT  and Hot Chip, British purveyors of electronic pop. The Chrystal Ballroom's floor is set on ball-bearings, so it bounces when the crowd move. I guess that at least counteracted the fact that the audience was divided by a corridoor that ran directly down the centre of the stage, seperating over 21's from those not old enough to drink yet. I'm told this is a typical Portland thing, looked kinda weird to me...

This weekend I experienced the amazing  Oregon coast, and also my first non-rainy day since April 3rd, fantastic. Stunning wide sandy beaches, the roar of the Pacific and stunning views. I loved every minute of it. 

1 comment:

Barrington said...

So you're enjoying Portland then? Good stuff!

Saw MGMT at Paradiso here in A'dam and thought they weren't as interesting as on record. Hot Chip @ Paradiso, on the other hand, were superb, they totally rocked that there house...

Laters!